For a web side project to go from "working on desktop" to "live in the cloud", one decision that needs to be made is where to host everything. One option is Microsoft Azure. Lots of corporate sites use it. Is it right for side projects?
Pamela Fox, a Cloud Advocate for Python at Microsoft, joins the show to help us with that question.
Special Guest: Pamela Fox.
- porkbun: A refreshingly different domain name registrar. Get a free .app or .dev domain name by using this link or promo code. Promo Code: TESTANDCODE
- Python Bytes Episode #323
- pamelafox gitHub projects
- Deploy a Python (Django or Flask) web app to Azure
- Hosting Python Web Apps on Azure: A Price-Off
- Deploying a containerized FastAPI app to Azure Container Apps
- Getting started with hosting Python apps on Azure
- Pricing Calculator for Azure
- App Service Pricing
- Tutorial: Deploy a Python Django or Flask web app with PostgreSQL
- Pamela Fox on Mastodon