Stephanie is a co-founder and graphics engineer at Binomial.
She works on Basis, an image compressor, and has customers in games, video, mapping, and any application that has lots of image data.
Stephanie has also been encouraging experienced engineers to open up their twitter DMs to questions from anyone, to help mentor people not only in technical questions, but in career questions as well.
She also sets aside some time to mentor people through skype when written form just doesn't cut it.
That's the primary reason I have Stephanie on today, to talk about mentoring and open office hours.
But we also talk about
- image compression
- texture mapping
- the use of both manual and automated testing for complex systems
- sane work hours
- work life balance
- and how long hours have led her to the opinions she holds today
Special Guest: Stephanie Hurlburt.
- Patreon Supporters: Help support the show with as little as $1 per month and be the first to know when new episodes come out.
- List of Engineers Willing to Mentor You — Stephanie Hurlburt
- Stephanie Hurlburt (@sehurlburt) | Twitter
- Slack - Python Testing / Test & Code — A super nice group of folks who are great at answering test related questions.