Michael Kennedy of Talk Python and Python Bytes fame joins Brian to talk about being a great guest and what to expect.
Even if you have never wanted to be on a podcast, you might learn some great tips. A few of the things we talk about will be helpful for other endeavors, like public speaking, guest blog posts, look for unsolicited job opportunities.
Some people have never been on a podcast before, and are possibly freaked out about some of the unknowns of being on a podcast. That's why we did this episode.
Michael and I discuss a bunch of the niggly details so that you can be relaxed and know what to expect.
- If you want to be on a podcast
- How to stand out and be someone a podcast would want to have on a show.
- How to suggest yourself as a guest and the topic you want to discuss.
- Picking a topic for a podcast
- What to do before the show to prepare
- Helping the host out with some information
- Some hardware (not much)
- Some software (all free)
- Sending info like bio, headshot, links, etc.
- What to expect the host or show to do before the recording.
- Where to record
- Sketching out some show topics with the host, maybe on a shared document.
- What to expect and do
- Right before the show
- During the conversation
- After the recording
- When it goes live (help promote it)
Special Guest: Michael Kennedy.